LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Monday, July 18, 2011

6 AM CLASS



WOW The 6 am class this morning at http://www.innerfireyoga.com/ was like a master class. Everyone was in sync and the asana was beautiful. A little short on breath though, but I feel it is the teacher's responsibility to get them in to breath. Normally this class is very good on their ujjayi, but we have a heat wave and with the humidity I think they may be preserving themselves. Maybe they are unconsciously trying to create a little less heat in their bodies. Which makes sense. It was a strong class and they ended calm. Which is a good way to approach Monday morning.

In addition, I moved them slower and stronger. Without a lot of sun salutations so they should have gone a little deeper into asana.

I do work at an unheated studio in addition to Inner Fire, http://www.blissflowyoga.com/. It is funny, because my hot yoga students can't IMAGINE not practicing in heat. My Bliss students get hot and sweaty though so I think you need to be aware that there isn't a right or wrong or better method. Everyone has their preference. I am not married to heated yoga in any way, shape, or form. I can sweat in my air conditioned home if I am breathing right and moving a lot. I did a LOT of inversions at home yesterday and was VERY warm.

So, beautiful morning to all the am yogis. You guys could have been in a Yoga Journal shoot. Awesome group.

No comments:

Post a Comment