LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

HARVEST



It is not even August but the canning will commence tomorrow. Sigh. I love the results but this is a lot of rewarding work. It is one of those duties that you fulfill and it manifests as something worthwhile and tangible. You can hold it in your hand as the veritable fruits of your labor. Last year I filled up my pantry and everyone was impressed with it.

I think canning makes a lot of sense and for a lot of people in my age group it brings a lot of memories back to childhood when moms and grandmas canned their own jams, beans, pickles, etc. My husband lived on a farm so it was a way of life.

Although I do not NEED to grow my own food it brings it closer to home and let's face it, good food it not cheap. Neither is gardening. But I am sure I am saving money. The best thing about it is that is so nourshing to open something in the dead of winter and be able to recall the freshness of newly picked produce. It is delicious. It is so much better than anything I buy at the store.

I don't have time to hang around the farmer's market but that is a good source of fresh local produce. It is usually expensive. In a few weeks we will go and pick the organic berries that make up my raspberry jam. I never buy jam from the store. I rarely buy tomatos any more. I am eating them fresh this time of the year, and will use them in stews and soups etc the rest of the year. Store bought tomatos, well, they SUCK.

I went to Moksha yesterday and took an amazing 2.5 hour Anusara class with Noah Maze. I can't move my arms today from all the side planks and variations. Loved it. He got me into poses I have struggled with and it is his sequencing and prep. He preps you and sequences you for your level. Amazing teacher. I will definitely be exploring more Anusara workshops.

I am tired today so going to rest and then out for dinner.

More yoga tomorrow on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment