LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

BUDDHA GARDEN TODAY




Well it is much better than last year. I went out and trimmed a little and weeded but definitely a little wild but still beautiful. A few things are dried out but I will still have a few flowering plants this year. The baby's breath I planted is tall and green, but still no flowers. I have a lot of purple coneflowers this year. They are thick and flowering. I really had to battle the rabbits for those. The first year I planted them they keep eating them down to the root and then they must have changed their minds and went for something else.

I planted a beautiful flower behind the lavendar and I will have to move that out in the front next year. The neighbors are enjoying it. I don't remember what it was but it is thick and still has beautiful purple flowers.

I need to do a little mid summer mulching. I noticed the better gardeners doing that this week. I have several houses with gardens I admire and I stalk them for ideas.

Mulching is the best for weeding. I did a lot of it this year and the weeds are manageable. Now that we have this heat wave coming I know I won't get out to tend for a week or so. Maybe for some shorter durations. But as a mode of meditation I can't think of a better metaphor than weeding out the extraneous items you want rooted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment