LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Monday, July 11, 2011

SEEKING BALANCE

Crazy people need not apply. Ha!

Balance is one of my favorite yoga themes in yoga asana class. I find balance poses, in general, can be some of the hardest for new students. People already know coming into class where their flexibility and strength challenges lie, but balance is elusive until you try them. I love a good hard balance sequence. I think I am actually pretty strong in balance poses, no doubt from the 100s of Bikram classes I have taken. They have given me a good foundation for balance practice, because if you have done a lot of Bikram consistently you gain the focus and strength required to understand how balance works and how to work balance.

And then there are days that you feel you have tennis balls attached to the bottoms of your feet. The thing about difficult balance days is that, well, they balance out. Usually the next day you nail the poses like you have two by fours attached to your feet and you can hold the poses endlessly.

Of course theming balance in practice to balance in life is a no brainer. Everyone struggles with balance in life, between work, family, home, social life, yoga practice. Who can fit it all in. Right now I am out of yoga balance because the last week has been so insane. So my yoga goal this week is balance and prioritizing my practice. Step one, blog daily about what I practice, so starting tomorrow I will share my daily practice on the blog. And we will see how....

It all balances out.

No comments:

Post a Comment