LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FRIDAY WORKSHOP





I am going to part of this workshop at Moksha on Friday. There are two sections, one on Anusara sequencing and a long vinyasa class. My interest has been tweaked lately in Anusara and although I doubt I will attend the long training, I am hoping to get the flavor of it from this workshop. Who knows. Maybe I will get hooked into the whole thing. Anusara training is extensive and takes a long time and I am almost up for a challenge.

Sequencing is always interesting to me anyways because it is the fun part of teaching. I love coming up with new themes and new teaching methods. I think it is VITAL for teachers of yoga to continue to train after their 200 hour. There are so mnay great teachers out there and I have worked with a lot of varieties of yoga and teachers.

Someone asked me a few weeks ago what 'style' I teach. I couldn't even give an answer. After the Forrest Advanced training I was teaching very Forrest styled classes, but now I would not say most of my classes are Forrest. They have elements of Forrest, but I guess the best answer is Mutt Yoga.


Devising your own 'style' would take years and it would probably be very organic for a long time. I probably like the kind of yoga class Tias Little teaches but I haven't taken enough of his training to really be able to translate it into my classes. I have somewhat but will be doing more later. I am taking some more training with him in December and next April. I will probably eventually have done all of his training.

Last night I practiced ball room dancing yoga. Ha ha. My husband and I take lessons. We are actually getting pretty good. It was so AWKWARD and CLUNKY at first. I have pictures of our teachers, Pam and Bojan at Fred Astaire above.

Pam is the blonde in the pic with her partner and Bojan is dancing with the chick in the yellow dress. Isn't Pam GORGEOUS with her partner/fiance. They are really great teachers. Bojan dances SO light. He has taught my husband a lot about leading and he likes yoga too.

Anyway ballroom dancing has retaught me how it is for beginners in yoga but like anything else it takes practice. Yoga is still my first love though but I sure would love to learn some hip hop dancing moves too.

See ya on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment