LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

KARMA YOGI AND OVER THE HILL





Not sure if Bono has ever done a down dog and doubt you would see him in a Bikram class but nonetheless he is one of my yoga idols. As a karma yogi, one whose yoga is the yoga of seva, or service, he is an example to everyone. The definition of yoga service would be to follow your dharma without expecting anything in return. He is among others, Al Gore or Angelina Jolie who do good work for the sake of good work. We forget these people sometimes as we idolize the teachers who teach the yoga of asana and pranayama if we are lucky but yogis don't have to have a sticky mat. Pretty cool right. I think people who live like this are truely enlightened. You can see Bono lighting up that screen directly over the stage at the U2 concert from July 5 at Chicago Soldier Field.



I was right under it. I have many great phone shots from the concert. My husband stood out in the hot sun for two hours and then I met him to get in the inner circle. We waited all afternoon to get this place. I have to say this was worth it but definitely the LAST ROCK CONCERT WE GO TO. We decided we are offically over the hill for this. I am exhausted and sore two days later from all the standing. It was totally worth it as I LOVE U2, but standing for hours in close surroundings made me nauseous, panicky, and stressed. My feet hurt and my husband was tired too. So at least we went out BIG and had FUN.


I really have never felt like I was aging or getting too old for much until this occasion so this is definitely a key point in my life. It made me evaluate how I want to grow old. I don't want to give up but am not going to push the edge. I want to to enjoy every moment but not feel like I have to do everything or get things done. I think this is key as we age. And not to live in regret. You can't do everything. You have to pick and choose. You have to decide what is worth it. I am actually looking forward to slowing down, maybe not working some day. Maybe find more karma yoga to fill my time, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment