LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Monday, June 13, 2011

BUDDHA GARDEN

I posted this on Facebook and got a lot of comments and likes. This is a big new Buddha we found this weekend for my Buddha perennial garden. I have been working on this garden for four years. The first year I dug all the sod up myself. My husband, of course, was very concerned that I didn't line it etc, but that isn't how I operate. This is really a small part of the current garden. There are two other smaller Buddhas and my plan was to add one a year. Actually just week I told my husband I wanted to find one still for this year and we went to my favorite jewelry store:

http://www.artgeckoshop.com/

And there he was. We parked in back and they have a gardener there who has this amazing perennial garden, but behind the store he has a new gated Zen garden full of imported Buddha statues. We happened to park there, didn't know it was there and low and behold there was my new statue! I knew right away this was mine.

So we put him out there Saturday and took this picture. I have more pics on Facebook of the Buddha garden but I think I will start posting weekly updates here. Yesterday I was out weeding it, putting in a new perennial I found, and mulching and I found I was really into the meditative quality that gardening offers. So I decided to make this garden my summer meditation practice, or part of it.

This garden has gone through a lot. Last year the weeds took over when we had a long hot summer spell and I was doing a lot of indoor canning and just could not bring myself to go out and weed. I have planted a lot of neat perennials that didn't work out. I am not sure if they died, or I weeded them out. It is often hard to tell the difference between weeds and perennials. Right now there is a patch in the back I am not sure about so I am watching it. I know I planted something there last year but not sure if this will flower into something gorgeous late summer or early fall or if it is just a big weed.

I know. I know. My husband told me to map out what I plant and I mean to but am still just going with my intuition for now. At this point, it looks great. Nothing is overgrown yet and the weeds are managable. That could change. As with any meditation practice, there are good times and weedy times where the thoughts overtake our calmness and anxiety sets in.

For now it is looking good and I love this Buddha.



No comments:

Post a Comment