LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Monday, June 27, 2011

YOGA OF TANTRA

Going to visit this studio in Chicago next week. I love studio pictures becauise I am manifesting a home studio in my intention. Love these floors. Picturing more windows overlooking gardens though.

My studio I am manifesting would be at home, not in a commerical area. I would have a smaller one just for my own practice, privates, workshops, and two classes a week for intermediate/advanced students at a per student rate.

On a small farm, which husband is saying big NO to. Still I manifest.

What does that have to do with tantra. I am revisiting tantra and doing some svadhyaya on the subject. I studied yoga therapy with some tantra people and tantra is about manifesting yoga on your life. The studio I am visiting has teachers who work in that tradition so I am interested in how they convey that to their students.

I am a teacher and student interested in the classic forms of yoga am trying to figure out to MANIFEST it in my classes. Westernized yoga is obviously very athletically based right now. Amazing teachers and students are learning amazing asana skills, but I want to work on revolving it back into what yoga is about. Knowledge of the SELF and integration into the cosmic whole. Daunting I know.

Yoga to me is pretty much everywhere though and different things to different people. Ohm to my husband is on his Harley and I totally get it when I am biking on my Trek. There is a dissolution of outward and inward distractions and coming into the present is easier when I am, for example, working my desk job. No ohm quality there, except looking out a window. Sigh. See below political post.

But the best is just stillness too. Meditation is so hard but the tantric meditation is the best for me. I like the rhythym of mantra like my feet turning the pedals of a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment