LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HIP ROTATORS



Pose of the week. I think I have worked on this before. I love this pose. There are many many phases of working into it.


I think I am attracted to this being a hip rotator struggler. While I have many students who ease comfortably into padmasana, this is practice of patience. I have to say after many years, it is better. Now my hamstrings go on forever and that is also an advantage to this pose, but like I tell my students, if you can do bakasana you can learn most depending on your level of flexibility and willingness.


Why do I set myself up for reaching high? I have always been a challenge person. I always go for the hardest challenge. You can read my Ana Forrest post earlier. When I did that advanced training at Kripalu I am pretty sure it was the hardest one there. I have no doubt about that. Even though I went there falling far short of what the other students could do, it is almost a year later. I am pretty sure I wouldn't be doing what I am doing now if I hadn't gone there.


So I set the bar high and inch towards achieving my goal. That is how I roll.


I am going to Chicago over the 4th for a U2 concert and everyone knows I LOVE visiting Chicago studios. I usually try to hit something over at Moksha but this time I am in the far South Loop and am going to Tejas. I needed a class the morning of the 5th and they have a high level one and the studio is right around the corner! So I can walk there and don't have to get the car out of the parking lot. I will be pretty excited to go and I know the class will challenge me. I think I will start doing studio reviews of my travels.


So big hip rotator week here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment