LIMITLESS SPIRIT

Yogagodess is about the potentiality of our divine nature. On this path I am more a student than a teacher always. As the path lengthens, it narrows and more is left behind.

Monday, June 20, 2011

YOGA FOG

Yesterday I posted about Yoga Nidra which is fitting for me. I have been experiencing a lot of yoga nidra lately. My dream world has intertwined and wound into and surfaced in my reality.

When I trained with Dr. Richard Miller, he guided us through 6 yoga nidras. One was particularly intense for all of the trainees. It was on a Thursday afternoon. I can't explain it. It was like I was asleep but wasn't. I was in the room, but I was somewhere else. There were other people around. Conversations going on.

All of us had similar intense experiences. I have seen that happen to students in yoga classes, especially deep Yin classes. They come out and tell about their experience and it is way beyond about stretching. They are just experiencing deeper levels of conscousness. Yoga nidra can and does happen spontaneously.

Last night I had an odd dream experience and when I woke I was still in it. It is foggy today which is fitting. It is as though the fog won't lift. I just taught a class in that state too so not sure what it was like or if I was able to tune that in to my class. I hope so, because I think that would be very authentic teaching. Either that or they hated that loooonnnnggg balance series.

On the way into town to teach I kept going over and over in my head the words to "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles:

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream
AH

I love that song because the Beatles were exploring levels of consciousness and they put it into so many songs and this one is timeless and I related to it today. It is about the normality of our life and how we have obligations to our life and society. Waking up is rude and abrupt and then we go on our way through our day. But in the middle of it all something can trigger us into a different place. We are all running against time on a day to day basis. Every day can be so much the same but so differeent. The dream world is an escape and we all have ways of escaping, possibly through addictions or numbing out.

Sometimes I have felt as though yoga is an addiction for me and it is. As an 'addict' in my own sense, I need transference. Addictions never die. They can only be transferred to something else. It is just a different level of exploring new levels of consciousness that we are seeking through addiction.

I will be theming more on this and relating it to the blog as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment